With the start of a new year, RBAC is seeking applicants for the RBAC Executive Council and RBAC Advisory Council.
The Executive Council will ensure fiduciary and legal standing of the organization is in good stead. Roles include a President, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice-President and Executive Council Member at large. This council will meet 5 times per year. The first formal meeting will be held in April, and then June, August, October and December. In addition, There is a May, July, and November obligation to present to the Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council will encompass the action areas of A Place for Everyone, Growing Healthy Food for Healthy Industry, LifeLong Learning and A Beautiful Safe Place. Members of this council will meet 3 times per year, May, July and November.
These so named action areas cover the following project work areas and each council member will select or be assigned to:
- A Place for Everyone: Economic Development, Transportation, Land Use and Housing
- Growing Healthy Food For Healthy Industry: Food Justice, Park/Gardens/Farms, Environment
- LifeLong Learning: Education - Academics, Advocacy
- A Beautiful Safe Place - Community Safety and the Arts
- Both councils will be made up of a myriad of stakeholders in the Rainier Beach neighborhood, including anyone who lives, works, plays, shops, studies or prays in Rainier Beach.
- Anyone interested in advancing the Transportation, Land Use, Environmental, Food Justice, Park/Gardens/Farms, Education, Academics, Advocacy and Community Safety and the Arts interest of the Rainier Beach neighborhood
- Members of the Executive Council will meet 5 times per year. In addition, there is a May, July, and November obligation to present to the Advisory Council.
- Members of the Advisory Council will meet 3 times per year.
- A minimum of 75% attendance at any given responsibility taken on behalf of Rainier Beach is expected.
- Have read through the RBAC Board Bylaws