This agreement is intended to formalize the relationship between Note in the Pocket, Inc. and its volunteers. The agreement should be clearly understood by both the agency and the volunteer and be used as a way to ensure a productive and rewarding volunteer experience.
Note in the Pocket, Inc. commits to the following:
- To provide sufficient information, training, and assistance for the volunteer to be able to meet the responsibilities of the position.
- To ensure reasonable supervisory aid to the volunteer and to provide feedback on their performance.
- To respect the skills, dignity, and individual needs of the volunteer, and to do our best to adjust to these individual requirements.
- To be receptive to any comments from the volunteer regarding ways in which we might mutually better accomplish our respective tasks.
- To treat the volunteer as an equal partner with agency staff, jointly responsible for accomplishment of the agency mission.
As the volunteer, I agree that if I serve as a volunteer, I will commit to the following:
- To perform my volunteer duties to the best of my ability.
- To adhere to Note in the Pocket’s policies and procedures, including record keeping requirements and confidentiality of agency information.
- To meet time and duty commitment, or to provide adequate notice so that alternate arrangements can be made.
- To act at all times as a member of the team responsible for accomplishing the mission of the agency.
As the volunteer, I agree to abide by all applicable rules and regulations of the organization. I understand that I will receive no monetary benefits in return for my volunteer service and that Note in the Pocket may terminate this agreement at any time without prior notice for any reason.
I hereby release and waive liability against Note in the Pocket, Inc., a non-profit corporation, its directors, officers, employees and agents, for any injuries or illness that I myself or my dependent may suffer in connection with any volunteer work for Note in the Pocket. Further, I agree that Note in the Pocket is not liable for any damage to my property or my dependent’s property resulting from volunteer work for Note in the Pocket.
I give Note in the Pocket, Inc. permission to use photographs of me or my dependent for any promotions of the organization (including, but not limited to website, brochures, Facebook).