ALL Care Partners of Cook County paid staff and volunteers must annually read and sign their acknowledgement of the following Confidentiality and Security Policy statement.
Personal information obtained from an individual in conjunction with the project shall be disclosed in a form, which identifies an individual without the written, and informed consent of the individual concerned. Care Partners of Cook County paid staff and volunteers must read and sign their acknowledgement of the following statement.
The protection of Care Partner’s confidential information including the privacy and integrity of the information listed below is vital to the continued success of our organization. This information includes but is not limited to the following examples:
- Patient information or personal affairs.
- All information seen or heard regarding patients, directly or indirectly.
- The physical security of our office
- The security of all technology that may hold client information
Paid staff and volunteers of Care Partners shall be accountable to the following:
- Avoid accessing all information for which you do not have a need to know. Access only information as it relates to the essential functions of your job.
- Avoid discussing client information or sensitive business matters outside the circle of Care Partner’s meetings even with family or other employees or volunteers who are not involved with the client’s care.
- Keep any written documentation concerning patients secure.
Failure to recognize the importance of confidentiality is a breach of Care Partner’s ethics and may be grounds for disciplinary action, including possible dismissal, but may also involve you in unwanted legal proceedings.