Join us for the Blue Moon Supermoon Night Hike!
Where: Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve
When: Wednesday, August 30th from 8-9:30 pm
Join us for a nighttime celebration of the supermoon on a blue moon. A supermoon happens when the moon is at the closest point to the earth in its orbit, which results in a larger-than-usual apparent size from our perspective. A blue moon is the occurrence of a second full moon within the same month. We will gather just before sunset to witness moonrise, then take a short stroll to bask in the moonglow over the wetland areas. A flashlight or headlamp is recommended. In the event of inclement weather, this event will be postponed or canceled.
This hike is free for Sycamore members. The suggested donation for non-members is $5/individual and $10/family. If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Tips to prepare
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Wear hiking shoes, boots, or other footwear with good traction.
- Use bug repellent to prevent tick and insect bites, provide your own or some will be made available upon request.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.
- Since parking is limited, a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to make additional parking available as needed.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notice given.
Outside of special opportunities like this, Sycamore Land Trust preserves are open from dawn to dusk, such that visitors are only permitted to visit during daylight hours.
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.