Waterloo Arts is seeking original bands and solo artists to fill an eclectic schedule for the Waterloo Arts Fest on Saturday, September 11, 2021. A committee will review all applications and select musicians to fill a limited schedule. Due to applicant demand, application does not guarantee a space at the festival.
Musicians will have 40 minute performance time slots. A sound system and sound technician provided by Waterloo Arts Fest will be on site for each stage. This sound technician will be responsible for everything from simple sound checks to volume control.
Waterloo Arts is a non-profit organization and the Waterloo Arts Fest is funded through grants, sponsorship, and donations. That being said, we believe musicians should be paid for their services. Solo artists will be paid $40.00 and bands will be paid $40.00 per member (with a maximum payment of $200). A check will be written to the primary contact listed below following your performance.
THE FINE PRINT
- The Waterloo Arts Fest is family-friendly.
- No performance that may present a danger to the public will be considered.
- The Fest will take place RAIN or SHINE. In the event that rain should cancel your performance, your primary contact will be notified an hour in advance of your set and a solo act/band will be paid a flat rate of $30 if a representative checks in with the planning team on-site as a matter of good faith.
KEY DATES FOR PERFORMERS
- June 25, 2021- Application opens
- July 31, 2021- Application closes and committee review begins
- August 16 - Performers notified of committee selection
- August 23 - Signed contract due
- August 30 - Tentative music schedule will be sent to performers
- September 3 - Final music schedule and instructions will be shared with performers
- September 11, 2021 - Waterloo Arts Fest
FOR CONSIDERATION - YOU MUST PROVIDE A SAMPLE OF YOUR MUSIC
Digital files and web links are all acceptable for consideration. Please use the upload form below for digital files. Enter web links as part of the "Describe Your Music" field below.
Please direct questions about this application to the festival coordinators via email at: email@example.com