Youth Drop-in (2023/24)
Participants will practice their bike repair skills, earn community service hours, have access to our stands & tools to occasionally work on their own projects, and have progressive opportunities to teach and mentor as they engage. Come to learn new mechanic skills, practice old skills, work towards earning a bike or parts for a bike, or just say what’s up and hangout! As in our Earn-A-Bike program, youth are rewarded for their hard work by earning bikes and parts as they log more hours.
More details will be shared after you sign-up.
Note: if you have not yet filled out a Health & Medical Form for 2024, please do so here.
Bike Works Waiver & Media Release
- I understand the nature of Bike Works' sponsored activities at and outside of Bike Works, and warrant that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate.
- I acknowledge that some activities occur on public roads and other facilities on which the risks of travel are to be expected and that some activities occur in a bike shop in which the risks of a shop setting are to be expected. These risks include MINOR & SERIOUS BODILY INJURIES, PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS, OR DEATH. These risks may be caused by my actions or inactions, as well as the actions or inactions of pothers participating in the activities.
- I release, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless Bike Works, its volunteers, employees and sponsors, as well as other participants ("Releasees") for any and all liability related to activites caused or alleged to be caused or alleged to be caused in whole or in part by the Releasees. I further agree that if, despite this release, I, or anyone on my behalf, make such claim against any of the Releases, I will indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all costs they incur as the result of such claim including, but not limited to, attorney fees and costs.
- In case of an emergency, I hereby authorize and give permission to any physician, hospital, health care provider, or other medical personnel selected by the staff of Bike Works to provide prompt medical treatment and arrange necessary related transportation. I agree that, once I am in the care of medical personnel or a medical facility, Bike Works shall have no further responsibility for me and Iagree to pay all costs associated with such medical care and transportation. I also authorize Bike Works staff to dispense medications to me as needed.
- I give permission for Bike Works to use, without limitation or obligation, photographs, film footage or tape recording that may include my image or voice for purposes of promoting Bike Works programs.
- I understand that volunteering at Bike Works and taking part in rides is a privilege. It is my responsibility to ride and behave safely at all times. I will practice safe work habits and safe riding habits including wearing a helmet when riding to, from, or on Bike Works programs.