Terms and Conditions for MedWish Medical Brigades
By signing below, I affirm that I am 18 years of age or older and that I have read, understand, and agree to abide by the following terms and conditions set forth by MedWish International. I further state that I am legally competent to sign this affirmation and release; that I understand the terms herein are contractual and not a mere recital; and that I have signed this document as my own free act.
MedWish reserves the right to change, edit, and alter the following terms and conditions. In such a circumstance, participants will be notified immediately via email. I also certify that all information provided to MedWish in the above Brigade application is valid and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Terms and Conditions:
- Should a participant's conduct be found to be dangerous or inappropriate during the Brigade, that participant may be asked to leave the trip or denied participation in future MedWish Brigades. Refunds will not be provided to participants that are asked to leave.
- Traveler’s health safety is the responsibility of the participant. Participants are encouraged to visit the CDC website for travel recommendations and seek the counsel of a physician or traveler's clinic before this trip.
- Upon the completion of registration, participants will receive various communications via email, phone, and mail from MedWish with information and updates on the trip. Participants are responsible for reading and listening to all materials provided by MedWish or Mission Possible pertaining to this Brigade to ensure that they are fully prepared for the trip.
- Participation in this Brigade may present participants with opportunities for various levels of physical exertion. Each participant is responsible for determining what he/she is safely capable of doing. If a participant is uncertain if he/she is fit for international travel or the activities outlined in the Brigade description, it is his/her responsibility to consult with a physician before registering for this trip. By signing below, each participant certifies that he/she is fit for international travel and agrees to only act in ways that are within the limits of his/her own health and safety while on the Brigade.
- Participants are responsible for providing MedWish and Mission Possible with any health information that will be relevant to this trip. This includes, but is not limited to, dietary needs such as food allergies so that MedWish can accommodate. If accommodation is not possible, MedWish will inform the participant immediately.
- By signing below, the participant authorizes and gives full permission to MedWish International and Mission Possible for the use of the participant's name and photograph, still or video, in connection with this Brigade and consents to the use of such material or its reproduction in any manner and by any medium which MedWish or Mission Possible deems appropriate. The participant equally authorizes and gives full permission to MedWish and Mission Possible for the use and reproduction of any personal photos or videos that were taken on the Brigade by the participant and then provided to MedWish or Mission Possible.
- Participants agree to follow directions and safety guidelines set forth by the Brigade leaders and local hosts and to act in a manner that is safe, both with regards to each individual participant and the group.
- Participants agree to follow the laws and regulations of the host country.
- Participants will be sensitive and respectful of local culture.
- Participants agree to represent his/herself, MedWish, and Mission Possible in an appropriate manner both in-person and through online publications during the Brigade.
- Participants are each responsible for transporting one bag of medical supplies with them to the site location of the Brigade. Each participant agrees to travel with those supplies and take them through customs in the host country.
- Participants agree to only act within the bounds of their professional training and experience while on the medical Brigade. Although non-medical participants may assist in medical services, they will not be administering medical counsel or care.
- Should a participant choose to extend the length of his/her stay in the host country, either before or after the dates of the Brigade, the participant understands that MedWish International and Mission Possible are not liable or responsible for these supplemental arrangements.
- The participant affirms, understands, and agrees that MedWish International, Mission Possible, and the Brigade leaders are only responsible for making reservations or arrangements for: lodging, transportation, and meals during the trip. MedWish International, Mission Possible, and Brigade leaders will be held harmless for any occurrence in connection with or operation thereof, which may result in injury, death, or other damage to the participant. MedWish International, Mission Possible, and the Brigade leaders will not be held responsible for loss of or damage to any equipment, luggage, or personal property taken on the Brigade.
- The participant personally assumes all risks in connection with this Brigade and further releases MedWish International, Mission Possible, and the Brigade leaders from all claims, demands, and actions and for any harm, injury, or damage which may befall the participant while on the Brigade, including all risks in connection therewith whether foreseen and unforeseen, and further to save and hold harmless MedWish International, Mission Possible, and representatives, arising out of the participant's participation in this Brigade.
- In order to prevent disruption and assure a meaningful Brigade environment, it is MedWish International’s policy to prohibit unauthorized solicitation of participants and/or distribution of non-MedWish related materials during the Brigade.
- MedWish Brigade participants are asked NOT to give any money and/or gifts to any of the locals, children or staff of the organizations we visit. This is for the safety of the recipients and members of the MedWish team. If a participant feels compelled to give gifts or leave items such as clothes, shoes, candy, etc., he/she must consult with the MedWish Staff person in advance.