BCWA Liability Waiver
Beaver Creek Wetlands Association
Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability Form
This Release and Waiver of Liability (Release) executed on this date by the volunteer named below releases the Beaver Creek Wetlands Association (BCWA), a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Ohio and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for BCWA by engaging in activities such as land management, planting, trail maintenance, etc.
Volunteer understands the scope of volunteer’s relationship with BCWA is limited to a volunteer position and no compensation is expected in return for services provided by volunteer; BCWA will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment; and volunteer is responsible for his/her own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of volunteer’s services to BCWA
- Waiver and Release: I, the volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless BCWA and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to BCWA. I understand and acknowledge this Release discharges BCWA from any liability or claim I may have against BCWA with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to BCWA or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further I understand BCWA does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of my injury, illness, death or damage to my property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of BCWA beyond what may be offered freely by BCWA in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge BCWA from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with BCWA.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to BCWA may include activities that may be hazardous to me including, but not limited to walking on and off of marked trails over ground which may be uneven or wet, cutting vegetation, using tools such as shovels, pruners and loppers, working in the vicinity of herbicide application, etc.
- Photographic Release: I give to BCWA all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs or recorded images of me made by BCWA in connection my volunteering.
- Other: I agree this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Ohio and this Release shall be governed and interpreted by Ohio law. I agree that if any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
For Parents/Guardians of Minors (under 18 at time of signing)
I, as parent/guardian with legal responsibility for this volunteer, do consent to his/her Release as provided above, and, for myself, my child and our heirs, assigns and next of kin, I release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s participation.