Please Read the Following Carefully
Children in second grade and above are eligible to prepare for the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist during the 2017-2018 year if:
1. They completed a year of Faith Formation during the 2016-2017 year. Enrollment in a St. Michael Children Faith Formation (CFF) program or in a Catholic School fulfills this requirement.
2. They will be enrolled in St. Michael Children Faith Formation program, or Catholic School, during the 2017-2018 year.
3. They were baptized in the Catholic faith.
If you would like to enroll your child in one of the St. Michael CFF programs, please submit a CFF Sunday Faith Formation Classes/Home School Faith Formation Program Registration Form in addition to this Sacrament Preparation Registration form.
If you are unsure about whether or not your child is eligible to celebrate sacraments during the 2017-2018 year, please contact the Office of Children Faith Formation at 713.403.4121.
Since parents are a child’s primary catechists, we invite you to be involved in the Sacrament Preparation program in a special way.
Please read the following expectations for parents with children in the Sacrament Preparation program:
1. To attend one parent meeting for First Reconciliation in October 2017, and one parent meeting for First Eucharist in January 2018. (Only one parent is required to attend; dates will be provided after registration is processed.)
2. To teach your child the content of the First Reconciliation and First Eucharist student books, and have your child complete the review worksheets, according to the schedule of lessons distributed at each parent meeting.
3. To attend a First Reconciliation retreat with your child in late November or early December, and a First Eucharist retreat with your child in late February or early March (only one parent is required to attend; each retreat is no longer than two hours.)
4. To bring your child to the First Eucharist Mass rehearsal in April.
I understand my role in my child’s sacrament preparation, and I agree that our family will fulfill the requirements listed above. I understand that not fulfilling one or more of the requirements may result in delaying my child’s celebration of First Reconciliation and/or First Eucharist.