When you press Continue to Payment, you will be redirected offsite to pay for your membership.
We feel it important that our members are aware of and agree to the following:
1. Icelandic Roots is a nonprofit organization, classified under section 501(c)3 of the US federal tax code. Our core aims are to:
- educate, promote and preserve an interest and knowledge in the history of Iceland and its people,
- strengthen the links between Icelanders and those of Icelandic descent in North America,
- broaden access to historical documents and records for Icelandic genealogy and history,
- inspire pride in Icelandic heritage, traditions, language, literature, and culture.
We support the above through our Cousins Across the Ocean project, our Genealogical Database, Scholarships for young people, the Snorri Programs, Language scholarships and other Icelandic programs. These programs are funded by your membership fees and your donations. None of our genealogists are paid.
2. All information in the Database is covered by copyright laws and may not be copied or reproduced without the express written permission of Icelandic Roots. Permission is NOT given for copying database information into an open internet site such as ancestry, familysearch, geni, my heritage, rootsweb or any other online sites - even if your tree is marked as private.
3. Icelandic Roots members are permitted to access database material for personal genealogy work only. User names and passwords are intended to be used by members only. Information may be shared only with immediate family members in the same household. Our members are encouraged to direct others who are interested in the database to our website at https://icelandicroots.com so they can purchase their own membership.
4. The Icelandic Roots security measures are very strong. Nearly half of the people in our database are living, and it is vital that information about them remains secure, safe, and private. The database monitors usage; access is disabled in cases of excess usage, and personal contact will be necessary to restore access.
5. The Icelandic Roots Team are all volunteers willing to donate time and expertise in personally assisting all our members. Our team members reside in Canada, Iceland and the USA. Giving back to our Icelandic Communities makes a difference in our lives and the lives of others.
We are genuinely pleased to welcome you, and hope to hear that you willingly agree to the above principles so that we can proceed on to the last step.