Join us for a first week hike in the New Year!
Join Sycamore Land Trust to welcome in the New Year with a guided hike at one of three of our iconic preserves. No matter what your goals may be, getting some fresh air and exercise, connecting with others in the community, and enjoying the sites, smells, and sounds of nature at Sycamore’s preserves will provide inspiration for the year ahead.
How To Prepare Tips
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- For cold weather, don't forget a hat, coat, gloves or mittens, and warm socks.
- Wear comfortable shoes or boots with good traction.
- In cold weather, tight fitting footwear may lead to cold feet. If you wear thick socks, make sure there is enough room for good circulation and insulating air pockets.
- Due to potentially frozen or muddy trail conditions, consider using trekking poles or a walking stick if you have them.
- Bring your own binoculars for a closer look, or some will be available to borrow upon request.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will also be provided.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at our preserves.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notices given.
If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.