Join the Design Advocacy Outreach Group (DAO-G)
Organized by the Architecture Foundation of Oregon in partnership with design and building professionals, community and youth organizations, AECD firms, educators and more.
The Design Advocacy Outreach Group (DAO-G) meets quarterly with the mission of increasing student access to architecture, engineering, construction, and design (AECD) fields in the state of Oregon. As a group of local partners who are aligned around this shared mission, DAO-G meetings are a time for us to harness this network to share opportunities for students, volunteer needs, resources, outreach efforts, and more.
Wondering if you're the right fit? If you identify with any of these statements, we encourage you to join our efforts!
- You are passionate about increasing student access and participation in AECD fields - particularly for those who have been historically marginalized and underrepresented in the field
- You are seeking opportunities to volunteer with and/or contribute to AECD programs for students (Kindergarten - Higher Ed)
- You are a youth program provider or organization seeking to connect with potential volunteer professionals and spread the word about your program
- You are an educator looking for opportunities to share with students interested in AECD fields
- You represent a community group or company that is aligned with our shared mission
2024 Meeting Schedule:
- Tuesday, March 12, 12-1pm, Zoom
- Tuesday, June 4, 12-1pm, Zoom
- Tuesday, September 10, 12-1pm, Zoom
- Tuesday, December 3, 12-1pm, Zoom
Visit the DAO-G Miro board for a recap of our discussions.
Questions? Contact Candice Agahan, AFO Education Program Manager, email@example.com, 503-542-3823