COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Proof of vaccination is required to visit the Hillel building and attend all Hillel events, meetings and gatherings, and will be requested as part of all required event registrations.
- Individuals who sign this brit/covenant will be asked to show proof of their vaccination card or a photo of your vaccination card with a SF Hillel staff person. These two steps will ensure your name is added to our internal list of approved guests. This information will be maintained as confidential personal information, and you will be able to attend Hillel events, meetings and gatherings.
- If you are not able to get vaccinated for medical or religious reasons, please contact SF Hillel’s Director of Operations and Finance, Sophie Case at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make proper accommodations. Please also see the section below about accommodating unvaccinated individuals.
What you can expect from SF Hillel’s Professional Team
- All Hillel staff are vaccinated and will be wearing masks at all indoor Hillel events, at large outdoor events, and where social distancing is not possible.
- Hillel’s staff are responsible for enforcing SF Hillel’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and Safety Brit/Covenant. Please follow their instructions.
- Most of our in-person events will require pre-registration. You will be asked if you have already signed our brit/covenant.
- You will not come to the SF Hillel building or any SF Hillel event, meeting or gathering if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, chills, or repeated shaking/shivering
- Cough, sore throat
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Unusual weakness or fatigue
- Loss of taste or smell
- Muscle pain, headache (more than usual)
- Runny nose or congestion
- A temperature over 100 degrees.
- Everyone who enters the SF Hillel building will be required to take their temperature. If you have a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, you will leave. You will only be allowed to return to the building after receiving proof of a negative COVID test result, or 10 days after a positive COVID test result.
- Masks are required for everyone inside. Disposable masks will be available to all guests who do not arrive with their own mask. Proper mask wearing covers both the nose and mouth.
- You may remove your mask briefly to eat or drink; we ask that you please put your mask back on when you are done.
- Social distancing is encouraged at all times.
- You should not come to SF Hillel’s building or any event sick or if you have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19.
- If you get sick during an event or while in a shared space, you should notify a member of SF Hillel’s staff, get tested, and quarantine until your results return.
- If you get sick within 7 days post-event or within 7 days of being in a shared space, you should get tested and notify a member of SF Hillel’s staff of your results.
- You will act responsibly for your own well-being, but also for the well-being of other students, guests, and staff. Personal safety measures differ from person to person, but at a SF Hillel-organized event, you will comply with SF Hillel’s current guidelines.
- You will hold yourself and others accountable for following SF Hillel’s policy and guidelines.
- You will assess your own comfort and respect others’ comfort level for physical contact and space as we engage with one another. You will respect others’ boundaries, and ask before engaging in physical touch, hugs or handshakes.
- You will strive to maintain positive attitudes and speech regarding SF Hillel’s guidelines, even if they pose an inconvenience.
Accommodating Unvaccinated Individuals
- Individuals who are unable to obtain the COVID-19 vaccine for medical or religious reasons must request an accommodation by emailing our Director of Operations and Finance, Sophie Case at email@example.com.
- You will be asked to show proof of exemption to a Hillel staff member. Upon approval, these students will be permitted to attend Hillel events with the following requirements:
- Proof of a negative test within 24-36 hours of attendance;
- Masking for the entirety of the event or engagement.
SF Hillel’s COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement and Brit/Covenant is rooted in our Jewish Values:
- Pikuach nefesh is the Jewish mandate to save a life. It is so important that it takes precedence over other Jewish ethical obligations.
- Kol Yisrael aravim zeh bazeh means that we are all responsible for one another, not just ourselves. We take precautions for our own safety, but also for the other members of our community, especially the most vulnerable. We agree to follow all precautions, even if they do not resonate with us individually so that we may be able to be in community and spend time together. As we practice communal responsibility, we may, at times, hold ourselves to a different standard of safety than other places we frequent.
- We are all created B’tzelem Elohim, in the Divine image. Every member of our community holds inherent worth, value, humanity, and is entitled to dignity. We strive for equity, to meet the distinct needs of every member of our community as best we can.
- Emunah is the trust we put in others. Personal safety measures may differ for each of us, but in our community, we place trust in the policies and processes outlined by our staff, lay and student leaders.