Join us for the Woodland & Warbler Walk with WBU
Where: Amy Weingartner Branigin Peninsula Preserve
When: Friday, September 15th, from 7:30-9:30 am
Join guest hike leaders Ken Keffer & Heather Ray from Wild Birds Unlimited Bloomington for a guided woodland ecology and birding visit to the Amy Weingartner Branigin Peninsula Preserve in collaboration with Sycamore Land Trust.
Wild Birds Unlimited is a locally owned nature shop dedicated to connecting people with nature. To learn more, visit the store at 1301 S. College Mall Rd in Bloomington, or check out their website at bloomington.wbu.com.
This hike is free for Sycamore members. The suggested donation for non-members is $5/individual and $10/family. If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Tips to prepare
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Wear hiking shoes, boots, or other footwear with good traction.
- Use bug repellent to prevent tick and insect bites, bring your own or some will be made available upon request.
- You are encouraged to bring your own binoculars for a closer look, but some will be available upon request.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.
- Since parking is limited, a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to make additional parking available as needed.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notice given.
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.