The Potomac Valley Audubon Society (PVAS) does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any service recipient, applicant, program staff, or the public on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, political affiliation, or religion.
Inappropriate behavior will not be accepted or tolerated from any child. Inappropriate behavior includes but is not limited to foul language, hurting or teasing other children and/or animals, disrespecting or threatening an instructor or other child, wandering away from the group, fighting, and/or destroying program equipment.
- On a child's first offense, a child will receive a warning from the instructor.
- On the second offense, the child will be given a time-out and/or be restricted from participating in the current activity. The instructor will discuss with the child what he/she did wrong and allow them to reflect on the situation. The parent will be notified of the incident at the end of the day.
- On the third offense, the child's parent or guardian will be called to immediately come and pick up the child. At that time it will be determined, based on the situation, if the child will be allowed to return to any remaining programs in the session.
Late Pick Up Policy
A $10/per child late fee will be assessed for every 15 minutes after 3:00 pm for those children not yet picked up.
PVAS will cancel outdoor school days if:
- West Virginia Governor’s order restricts group sizes or issues a Stay at Home Order
- Hazardous weather is in the forecast that would create unsafe road conditions or unsafe conditions for being outside.
If PVAS cancels a day of outdoor school, you will be refunded for the amount of the cost of that one day of Outdoor School.
Parents will be notified by email of any cancelations by 5:00 p.m. the evening before an outdoor school class.
You may cancel one or more days of your registration and received a pro-rated refund if:
- You do not want to send your child due to concerns about COVID-19
- Your child is feeling unwell
- Anyone in your house hold has COVID-19 or has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in
- Anyone in your household has had a fever in the last 72 hours
*We understand that last minute cancellations might need to happen, but please try to let us know as soon as possible, so that depending on the circumstance, we can open the spot to someone else.