Lantern Festival Visual Artist Application
ShoreLake Arts, a not-for-profit organization, is looking for artwork to be displayed at Monka Brewing (17211 15th Ave NE, Shoreline, WA 98155) during our Lantern Festival to celebrate Asian and Asian diaspora visual artists.
The show runs February 2 - March 31, 2021 opening on the second day of the Lunar New Year because Monka is closed on Tuesdays. The work will be highlighted during the Lantern Festival on February 12, 2021.
This is a juried show. Each artist can exhibit 1 piece of art only. Artists can submit up to 3 images for consideration
- We show local, Pacific Northwest artists only. All work must be hand delivered – no shipped work will be accepted.
- All work shown must be original.
- Commission on sold work is 25%. ShoreLake Arts will retain 25% of the sale. ShoreLake Arts will process the payment and promptly issue a check to the artist. ShoreLake Arts will pay the sales tax to the state.
- Work must be no larger than 36”x36”, including the frame.
- All work must be wired and ready for hanging.
- All media is considered.
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2021.
Please complete the below information with a photograph of the artwork you are looking to display.
Between 80 and 140 words
You can submit up to 3 images to be juried for consideration.
Please email Terri at firstname.lastname@example.org
I agree to hold harmless ShoreLake Arts and Monka Brewing, the City of Shoreline, the City of Lake Forest Park, their agents, employees, volunteers, and
invitees, including the general public against all injury, damage, loss, or liability to myself or my artwork occasioned as a result of exhibiting at the Monka Brewing. Of course, reasonable care will be taken to prevent any loss or damage to said artwork while it is at Monka Brewing.
I give permission for photos of my artwork to be displayed on the ShoreLake Arts website (shorelakearts.org), social media pages, electronic press releases, show cards and for other gallery publicity purposes. All images will remain the property of the artist.
All unsold work must be picked up at the close of the show at Monka Brewing on March 31, 2022. Or at another time by special arrangement. Unclaimed artwork becomes the property of ShoreLake Arts.