CANNON RIVER WATERSHED-WIDE CLEANUP
September 18, 2021
REGISTRATION AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY BY A VOLUNTEER
This document must be filled out and submitted by all volunteers. If the volunteer is under the age of 18, this document must be submitted by his or her legal guardian. Completing and submitting this document constitutes your agreement with its terms and is the same as submitting an electronic signature under Minnesota Law.
In consideration of my participation as a volunteer in the Cannon River Watershed Cleanup activities at the above-described site, I state and agree as follows:
- I agree to follow the instruction of the activity leader.
- I understand that my participation in the cleanup may involve sustained strenuous physical activity.
- I am in good health and am aware of no physical problem or condition that will limit or interfere with my ability to participate in the activity. I also understand that medical attention may not be readily available.
- I agree that I am participating in the activity at my own risk, and acknowledge that the cleanup sponsors have made no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, regarding the safety of conducting this activity at this site.
- I agree to waive and release all cleanup sponsors and their officers, directors, and employees, as well as other volunteer participants, from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damage, costs and expenses resulting from any injury to me or damage caused by my failure to follow instructions.
- I will use common sense, wear gloves, and be careful when handling litter. I will not handle litter that could be infectious (needles) or dangerous. I will report that litter to the site leader. I will stay on land during the CleanUP.
- I understand this form and I also give my permission to cleanup organizers to use any photographs of me for promotional purposes without obligation or liability to me.
- I understand that I must follow CDC and MDH guidelines for COVID-19 which includes, but is not limited to: wearing a cloth mask on my mouth and nose, maintaining a 6 foot distance from non-family members (or non-roommates), and washing hands to reduce the spread of COVID-19. I understand that this event is using best practices to keep volunteers safe, but that I may still contract coronavirus by participating in this event.
By submitting this form, I affirm that I have read and understand the above document, that I am 18 or older, and that I voluntarily, freely and without duress agree to its terms.