Volunteer with us at Downey Hill!
PRESERVE-A-PRESERVE WEED WRANGLE
Laura Hare Nature Preserve at Downey Hill (Brown County)
Friday, December 15th from 2-4 pm
Thanks for volunteering to help maintain habitat at our preserves and gain hands-on experience in land stewardship! Weed Wrangle events are fun and educational opportunities to learn how to identify and control the invasive plants that are negatively impacting natural areas and other green spaces. The focus for this work day will be the identification and control of woody invasive plants.
Unless otherwise specified, the following is recommended:
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Wear long pants, long sleeves, and sturdy shoes or boots with good traction. Opt for clothing that won't be easily snagged or damaged when walking through brush.
- For cold weather, don't forget a hat, coat, gloves, and warm socks.
- In cold weather, tight fitting footwear may lead to cold feet. If you wear thick socks, make sure there is enough room for good circulation and insulating air pockets.
- Wear work gloves, some will be provided or you are welcome to bring your own.
- Use 'bug' repellent to protect against tick and insect bites, bring your own or some will be available to use.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill and other refreshments will be made available.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notices given.
Visit the events page on our website sycamorelandtrust.org/events for additional details.
Please list the first and last names of anyone attending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children under the age of 16, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare accordingly.