Acknowledgment of Risk
I understand that all participants attend the weekend at their own risk and assume all risks related to their participation.
I agree to release and hold OUT Maine, their directors, members, agents, officers, assigns, volunteers, employees, and affiliated groups harmless for any illness, injury, death, personal and/or property damage, property theft, or other loss incurred on this outing
Media Agreement & Photo Release
This form releases our organization to use your voice, image, comments, or ideas publicly.
Terms Used: "Footage" - refers to all audio, video, pictures, artwork or written material of the Participant. Participant" - refers to the person in question. "Media" - refers to all audio, video, picture usage and web-based podcast. “Ze" - non-gender-specific or gender-neutral pronoun.
Participant hereby grants OUT Maine the irrevocable, unconditional and unrestricted right to record and interview participant and to use, publish, broadcast, and publicly dis- play participant’s name, voice, likeness, biographical information, and any or all of the footage in any of media’s programming, publications, or the promotion thereof. In addition, Participantagrees that the rights granted hereunder shall include the perpetual, worldwide right of media and its parent, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies to edit, tele- cast, cablecast, rerun, record, publish, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print and/or dis- tribute for any purpose, in any manner and in any medium or forum – whether now known or hereafter devised – the footage, or any portion thereof without payment of consideration.
In order to ensure that the weekend is a wonderful and safe experience for everyone involved, we have a few program expectations:
- This event is a substance-free and weapon-free event. Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana, Juul/vaping products, and any other drugs/medication that are not listed on your registration form are not allowed on campus.
- We aim to make this weekend a welcoming and inclusive space. We ask that you remain mindful of the fact that everyone is coming into this community with different experiences. Please consider how your actions and words might affect others whose experiences and identities might differ from your own.
- Kieve-Wavus Education is generously collaborating with OUT Maine to not only host the OUT Maine Weekend, but also to have educators run the workshops. We ask that you pick up after yourselves and that you do your part to leave the camp looking better than it was when you got there.
- Not everyone is comfortable having their photo on social media, so please do not take photos/videos, share, or post them without permission of the individuals.
- Student Participants are not allowed to leave the campus during the event unless they are sick or are asked to leave due to a violation of rules, including behavior. Any student who needs to leave campus is required to have permission of Kieve-Wavus Education or an OUT Maine staff member.
- We ask that everyone actively participate in all activities.
- We recognize that couples might attend or that participants might meet someone special during the event, but this weekend is for community-building, and all participants must abstain from any sexual activity.
OUT Maine and Kieve-Wavus Education are collaborating to provide a physically and emotionally safe event. We ask all participants to follow these expectations. If a participant is unable to do so, their behavior will be addressed. The consequence may include being asked to leave the event
By registering for the event I agree that I have read the above information, understand, and agree I will abide by these expectations.