Support Mobility Justice in Beacon Hill!
Dear city leaders and staff,
Youth and adult community members are calling for policy and infrastructure changes to ensure safe, fair, and just mobility in Beacon Hill and South Seattle. As our elected leaders and policy makers in city government and transportation, please bring our community vision for mobility justice to reality:
- Make transit free for all youth as a first step towards free transit for the whole community
- Add more buses, bus routes, and bus shelters
- End fare enforcement
- Fund traffic calming, curb cuts, smooth sidewalks, visible crossings, and better street lighting in South Seattle
- Increase affordable, dense housing
- Increase access to supportive, rather than police-based, services for those with mental health and substance use conditions
- Listen to youth, BIPOC communities, low-income people, and people with disabilities
- Generate new progressive revenue to fund changes
Please invest in the future and well-being of our wise South Seattle youth and adult community members. Learn more in the South Seattle Emerald.
Example: “My kids deserve safe ways to get around our neighborhood."