1. Policy and procedures adherence: The volunteer takes responsibility for knowing and adhering to the policies of Camp Sparkle and the Volunteer Counselor Handbook.
2. Termination: The Family Program Manager has the right to terminate this service agreement at any time if they believe the performance of the volunteer is detrimental to the interests of Camp Sparkle.
3. Consent for medical treatment: I hereby give permission to be given cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid treatment by a qualified staff member of Cancer Pathways, if needed. I further consent to the disclosure of health information and to the medical, surgical and hospital care treatment and procedures to be performed by licensed physician or hospital selected by Camp Sparkle staff when deemed immediately necessary or advisable by the physician to safeguard my health. I assume full financial responsibility for any and all medical and other expenses incurred on my behalf at Camp Sparkle in connection with medical treatment or other treatment, and acknowledge that Camp Sparkle shall not be liable for any such expense.
4. Confidentiality: The volunteer will not release or discuss information gained from any source, written or verbal, about camper’s records and personal information except as required in the work assignment. Use of camper photographs on personal websites or social media is strictly prohibited.
5. Communication: The volunteer should not initiate communication or contact with campers outside of Camp Sparkle without parental consent. Parental consent should be obtained through the Family Program Manager or Camp Director.
6. Photo release: I hereby give Cancer Pathways and its employees, representatives, and authorized media organizations permission to print, photograph, and record me during Camp Sparkle for use in audio, video, film, or any other electronic, digital and printed media in order to promote or market Camp Sparkle. This is with the understanding that neither Cancer Pathways nor its representatives will reproduce said photograph, interview, or likeness for any commercial value or receive monetary gain for use of any reproduction/broadcast of said photograph or likeness. I further release and relieve Cancer Pathways, its Board of Trustees, employees, and other representatives from any liabilities, known or unknown, arising out of the use of this material. The camp respects the privacy of its participants and does not allow unauthorized visitors to photograph the camp.
6. COVID-19: I understand that upon entering and participating in Camp Sparkle and other activities at Cancer Pathways that there is an inherent risk of exposure to the SARS-COVID 19 virus. Cancer Pathways cannot guarantee that I will be protected from exposure to SARS-COVID 19. By signing, I hereby release Cancer Pathways and staff members from any liability pertaining to the exposure of the SARS-COVID 19 virus, while attending activities with Cancer Pathways. I agree to answer COVID-19 screening questions truthfully and accurately, agree to wearing a mask and agree to a temperature check using a non-contact forehead thermometer each day.