Join us for the Fall Wetland Bird Walk with WBU
Where: Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve
When: Friday, October 20th, 8:30-10:30 am
This fall, join Ken Keffer & Heather Ray from Wild Birds Unlimited Bloomington for a guided nature walk through the wetland areas at Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve in collaboration with Sycamore Land Trust. Registration opens on Thursday, September 28th.
Wild Birds Unlimited is a locally owned nature shop dedicated to connecting people with nature. To learn more, visit the store at 1301 S. College Mall Rd in Bloomington, or check out their website at bloomington.wbu.com.
This hike is free for Sycamore members and their guest(s). If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 or $10 per family (or group of 2 or more) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Tips to prepare
- Bring your own binoculars for a closer look, or some will be available to borrow upon request.
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
Wear long pants and closed toed hiking shoes, boots, or other footwear with good traction.
- There may be areas of standing water along the gravel access road leading up to the boardwalk such that waterproof footwear is recommended
- Consider bringing a walking stick or trekking poles for balance, since there are no rails along the boardwalk.
- Use 'bug' repellent to protect against biting insects, as well as chiggers and ticks. Use your own or some will be made available upon request.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of inclement weather, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notice given.
- Since parking is limited, a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to direct some people to park beyond the gate along the gravel acces road (located close by to the gravel parking area).
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.