Trauma Sensitive Yoga for Justice, Reentry and Social Impact
4522 Baltimore Avenue
Friday, February 8th 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday, February 9th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Sunday, February 10th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Transformation Yoga Project is offering an in-depth training on February 8-10th, 2019 for yoga teachers, social workers, counselors, and interested yogis.
Are you interested in being of impact in the area of social justice?
Are you interested in sharing yoga within the justice system?
Are you working in these fields already and interested in how mindfulness based trauma sensitive yoga can support people living within these systems?
Bri Murphy and Colleen DeVirgiliis of Transformation Yoga Project will share their experience working within the justice system in prisons, jails, detention centers and Reentry spaces. This workshop will include interactive lecture, group dialogue, experiential exercises and practice instruction.
Special segments led by Oneika Mays, Director of Operations with Transformation Yoga Project and Liberation Yoga Project facilitator on privilege, language, inclusivity and loving-kindness meditation.
Other topics include:
- What is yoga service
- Developing self and cultural awareness within yoga service
- What is unresolved trauma and how does yoga support the body, mind, spirit connection
- Pillars and framework of trauma-sensitive yoga
- Evidence supporting benefits of Trauma-sensitive Yoga in institutions
- Accessibility and Inclusivity in-class facilitation
- Brief overview of the history of mass incarceration
- Best Practices for engagement and designing classes (asana, pranayama, and meditation) appropriate for trauma-sensitive yoga
15 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits are available upon completion of the training.
If you pay a registration fee and later find you must change your plans, you can either transfer your fee to a later Training or ask for a refund. Our policy is to refund the amount less an administrative fee of $25. If you have to cancel within twenty-four (24) hours of Training or after Training has begun, we will refund one half of the total fee because our expenses accelerate dramatically. The more notice you provide, the more likely we can fill your spot. We appreciate your understanding.