EmpowerMT believes that safe communities start with safe schools and supported, empowered young people. All programs will be offered virtually for the 2020-2021 academic year and, as always, are FREE to the community.
We can’t believe that that July has come and gone. Every July, we would have gathered at Camp Paxson. Busses would have dropped us off, and we would have walked down the path toward the main cabin to start a life-changing summer weekend away. For many, this weekend is an opportunity to connect. To build relationships with others, with nature, with ourselves. We refuse to let this time go by without some connection. Thus, we have installed our virtual Empowering Youth Leadership Series.
We will be hosting a monthly workshop opportunity that is open to youth leaders across the state of Montana. The topics for each workshop will be open to requests. We hope that folx can take advantage of these free workshop opportunities for future work and leadership development. On the fourth Monday of every month starting October 26, 2020, We hope to provide youth leaders who attend the series with the skills, knowledge, and confidence to create a more equitable environment in their schools and community.
At these virtual workshops, you can expect to:
- Develop a greater sense of your own personal identities,
- Build relationships across group and school lines,
- Raise awareness about what mistreatment, oppression, and violence looks like in our schools and communities,
- Increase confidence in diffusing conflict and expand your personal leadership skills,
- And have a ton of fun playing games & making new friends!