Yoga participants at WA Corrections Center for Women
Join Yoga Behind Bars as we launch our trauma-informed yoga fall certification series. Our trainings have supported practitioners interested in bringing trauma-informed knowledge and tools into the fields of: yoga, social work, therapy, education and the Department of Corrections.
YBB’s Online Training Focuses on Developing a Trauma-Informed Toolkit.
Our participants will have the opportunity to explore and experience the following learning objectives:
- Understanding trauma and its impacts on the brain + body
- Trauma-informed yoga sessions
- Interrupting internalized isms: building an informed lens for practitioners dedicated to inclusivity and access for populations disproportionately affected by trauma
- Opportunities to practice using and developing these tools
Training Schedule (Online)
Saturday, September 25, 1-4pm PST + Sunday, September 26, 1-4pm PST
Saturday, October 2, 1-4pm PST + Sunday, October 3, 1-4pm PST
Cost of Attendance
$299 training fee.
All 12 hours are Yoga Alliance Certified.
The guided yoga trauma informed practices helped me feel, hear and see where choice and space are possible in relationship to others. I practice meditation and yoga, but I found other ways of noticing and linking breath and body with how I approach others and invite them to respond.
- TIY Training participant, 2021
Questions about this training?
Have you been impacted by incarceration? Interested in applying for a scholarship?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.