Challenging the Myth of Mental Illness and Violence Conference Early Bird Registration
The purpose of this conference is to discuss the myths and facts regarding mental illness and violence. Through this conference, we will cover
- Media bias
- solutions regarding school violence (i.e. is the problem guns or is it mental health?)
- responsible gun ownership (i.e. what do gun owners think of mental illness?)
- red flag laws and other interventions – do they work?
- Academic Research Expert will present actual data regarding mental illness and violence
- Preventative strategies like the WHO program to address bullying, building resiliency
- Let’s take the fear factor out of mental illness. Let’s get real with the data.
We plan to present a well-rounded program and discuss the issue from various perspectives. We'll provide attendees with up-to-date research on violence and mental illness, information about prevention programs, ways the media can reduce stigma, and gun owners as advocates.
Early Bird Registration ends on October 7, 2022.