2021 Fall Guided Hike
Saturday, October 9, 2021, 1:00pm
Pine Mountain State Resort Park
1050 State Park Road, Pineville, KY 40977
Get outside, explore nature, and join KRC for a guided hike at Pine Mountain State Resort Park. This hike will be led by KRC Board Member Roy Crawford.
KRC asks that participants either be able to show proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or have a negative COVID-19 test at least 48 hours before the hike. KRC asks that participants wear a mask when not able to maintain a physical distance between others not in their party. Following COVID-19 precautions as set by Federal, State, Local, Pine Mountain State Resort Park, and/or KRC are required.
Waiver for Participation
A physical copy of the Waiver for Participation will be provided for all participants on the day of the event.
By registering for this hike I do hereby affirm and acknowledge I have carefully read and agree with the following statements:
- I agree to maintain a 6-foot physical distance from others not in my party is not possible.
- I agree to comply with current federal, state, local, KRC, and site-specific rules and regulations, and CDC guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- I declare that I will not participate in this activity if I have any COVID-19 symptoms and agree to follow safety guidelines set out by KRC staff on the day of the event.
- Participation in this activity may include possible exposure to and illness from COVID-19.
- I understand that there are risks associated with outdoor activities, which include, but are not limited to: severe sunburn, dehydration, heat stroke, hypothermia, frostbite, lightning strike, animal attack, drowning, and injuries caused by terrain, facilities, equipment, my own actions or those of other people. I voluntarily accept these risks along with any and all similar risks.
- I understand that hiking poses special risks, which include, but are not limited to: an increased risk of hot/cold weather injury; getting lost; blisters; and injuries sustained as a result of uneven trail surfaces. I voluntarily accept these risks along with any and all similar risks.
- I understand that the proper use and wear of safety equipment can greatly reduce the risk of injury.
- I understand that this activity may be physically strenuous and requires a certain level of physical fitness. I am in good physical condition, can meet the rigors of this event, and have not been advised otherwise by a physician.
- I assume the risks of any medical conditions I may have.
- I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in this event, or agree to bear such costs myself.
- I understand the description of these risks is not complete and that unknown or unanticipated risks may result in injury, illness, or death.
- I hereby waive, release, and discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue as a result of my participation in or travel to and from this event Kentucky Resources Council, and including their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, the event holders, event sponsors, event directors, and event volunteers (hereinafter collectively referred to as “KRC”); and
- I hereby indemnify and hold harmless the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my participation in, and travel to and from, this event.