Volunteer with us at Canyon Forest!
PRESERVE-A-PRESERVE VOLUNTEER WEED WRANGLE
Canyon Forest Nature Preserve (Greene County)
Wednesday, October 25th, 2-4 pm
Thanks for volunteering to help maintain habitat at our preserves and gain hands-on experience in land stewardship! Weed Wrangle events are fun and educational opportunities to learn how to identify and control the invasive plants that are negatively impacting natural areas and other green spaces. The focus for this work day will be the identification and control of woody invasive plants.
Visit our website sycamorelandtrust.org/events for additional details and directions.
Unless otherwise specified, the following is recommended:
- Wear long pants, long sleeves, and sturdy shoes or boots with good traction
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended
- Wear sun-screen, a brimmed hat, or other clothing to shield from the sun
- Wear work gloves, some will be provided or you are welcome to bring your own
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will also be provided
- Use 'bug' repellent to protect against tick and insect bites, bring your own or some will be available to use.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notices given
Due to limited parking, attendees may be asked to meet at a separate location in order to carpool and caravan to the preserve. Be on the lookout for more information in the reminder email prior to the event.
Please list the first and last names of anyone attending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children under the age of 16, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare accordingly.