New Transportation Plan Must Prioritize Safety for People on Bikes
Dear Seattle City Council,
The new Seattle Transportation Plan must prioritize safety, equity, and connectivity for people on bikes.
Seattle needs a transportation plan that:
- Creates a complete network of safe, accessible, comfortable, and convenient bike routes throughout the city.
- Prioritizes safety and helps us achieve our Vision Zero goal by 2030.
- Reduces climate emissions and lowers miles traveled in personal vehicles by prioritizing walking, rolling, biking, and taking transit.
- Provides equitable access to biking, walking, rolling, and transit throughout the city, with investments prioritized in communities that have been neglected and that are most impacted by climate pollution and traffic violence.
- Advances us towards our modeshare goals without putting transit, bikes, and pedestrian access into competition with one another.
[Your Personal Statement Here]
Add a personal note about why this is important.
Get updates about what is happening with the neighborhood you identify with most.