Mindful eating is simply eating with attention. But in our fast-food, eat-on-the-run world, just paying attention to what you are eating and how you are eating can be challenging. For overall wellness, nourishment and digestive health, how we eat can be as important as what we eat! Join us for an evening of slowing down, savoring each bite, honoring your body and celebrating the abundance we've been given.
- meal and beverages
- teaching on mindful eating principles
- guided experiential learning on hunger awareness and engagement of five senses and five primary tastes
- personal reflection on your pattern of "how" you eat
- facilitated community conversations
WHY MINDFUL EATING?
In our diet-obsessed but food abundant society, rather than being a joyful and nurturing experience, eating is often fraught with anxiety, distraction and guilt. While we may know that eating with attention could be helpful, deeply engrained patterns of relating to food and the hectic pace of life can undermine our efforts.
In addition to providing a delightful evening savoring a meal with a welcoming and compassionate group of women, this workshop will help you:
- Strengthen your capacity to listen to your body's signals about hunger and fullness
- Understand the interplay between physical, emotional, spiritual and other hungers
- Expand your awareness of the multiple levels of satisfaction possible through mindful eating