How To Prepare Tips
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended
- For cold weather, don't forget a hat, coat, gloves or mittens, and warm socks
- Due to wet trail conditions, we recommed wearing water-proof shoes or boots with good traction and suggest bringing a backup pair of clean shoes for the ride home
- Please note that in cold weather, tighter fitting footwear can lead to cold feet (if you wear thick socks, make sure there is plenty of room to allow for good circulation and insulating air pockets)
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated (water for refill will also be provided)
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at our preserves
If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!