Green Spaces Alliance is excited to announce our annual, city-wide, Picture Your World Nature Photography Exhibition! On-line jurors will select 30 winners from two age groups: students 8-12, and students 13-18, with 3 winners and 12 honorable mentions from each age group. All entries must be submitted by 5:00pm on Monday, April 26th, 2021.
First Place: $300 cash
Second Place: $200 cash
Third Place: $100 cash
Nature is all around you. Examples of subjects are wildlife (birds, mammals, insects, spiders, reptiles, and amphibians), landscapes (rock formations, and plant life, people enjoying nature, art in nature (patterns, textures, and close-ups), and architecture in nature.
Winners will be announced and the photography exhibition will go live on our website www.greensatx.org on Thursday, May 6. Winning Photos will also be exhibited at the Tobin Center for Performing Arts and The Witte Museum.
Contest Entry Rules:
- Open to youth ages 8-18. Register on-line through our website: www.picture your world 2021/exhibition.org.
- Entry is open now until 5:00 pm, April 26, 2021.
- Submit photos as jpegs or tiffs sized 10"x13" at 300 dpi, or a minimum of 6 megapixels set on the cameras highest resolution.Photos must be labeled with you name, age, and entry number as in the example: JohnHernandez_14_1, JohnHernandez_14_2, etc.
- Participants may submit up to 3 images for consideration.
- There is a suggested donation of $20 per student.Otherwise, there is no cost to enter! Donations directly support the Picture Your World Youth Photography Program.
- Email your 3 original photos submissions to:firstname.lastname@example.org.A picture of the entrant must be included.
- Photos of domestic pets, restrained, or caged animals will not be accepted.
- Questions, email email@example.com., or call 210-222-8460, ext. 309.