About the Program
Who is eligible to apply:
Individuals or groups in grades K-12 falling under a service group such as scouts, 4-H, honor society, student council, etc. Must be officially affiliated with an organization and have a designated advisor or leader. Funding will not be awarded to individuals unaffiliated with a service group. Applicants must live or attend school in Prince William County, Manassas or Manassas Park, Virginia. Checks will be made out to the organization listed on this application. No checks will be made out to individuals.
Focus will be on companion animal projects. The funding aims to support projects as part of service awards for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4-H groups, Honor Societies, etc. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts earning the highest awards in their organizations are encouraged to apply. Winning projects should make a substantial impact on companion animals in the community. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis by a committee appointed by Prince William SPCA. Funding is limited and not all proposals will receive financial support.
Before you begin, please read!
- Application must be signed by a leader, advisor or other adult 21 years of age or older who is affiliated with the student’s organization.
- This is a competitive program. Not all requests will be funded.
- Applicants will be notified within 60 days if their request has been approved
- We will not fund meals, entry fees, event sponsorships, or reimbursements to individuals. No funds may be used to support for another nonprofit organizations (other than applicant's).
Grant recipients must agree to:
• Designate a responsible adult 21 years or older on application and that person must assist with filling out the application
• Use funds only for the designated purpose
• Provide a grant report to Prince William SPCA within 1 month of completion of project
• Not transfer any grant proceeds to another organization, individual or group
• Return monies not used for grant purpose within 6 months of grant acceptance
• Notify Prince William SPCA of any other partners (funding or project) involved with project
Amounts Awarded: $75 - $500
Applications will be accepted through August 1, 2019 and are awarded on a rolling basis.