- Best Overall Costume: Go wild or original that makes your costume stand out
- Best National Park Spirit: Park Ranger, Nature, Critter or a Bath House Item
- Most Patriotic: Show your red, white and blue patriotic spirit
- Best Look-A-Like: Coordinate your handler’s outfit to match yours
- Most Unique: Be unlike anyone else of your kind
- Best Naked Pet: No costume needed, just show off your physique
- All entries must check-in before the event starts and handlers wear their assigned number on their sleeve or chest.
- All handlers must pick up after their dogs.
- Dogs must be under the control of the handler and on a lease at all times. Aggressive or uncontrollable dogs may be removed from the competition.
- Any inappropriate action to the animal may result in disqualification.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
ENTRY FORM RELEASE AND WAIVER:
In consideration of my dog’s acceptance as a contestant in the Bark in the Park Dog Contest, it is agreed and understood that neither Friends of Hot Springs National Park nor Hot Springs National Park, their officers, agents, and employees shall be held legally liable or responsible for any loss, injury, or damage which may occur. I promise to abide by the rules and regulations pertaining to the Bark in the Park Dog Costume Contest. I release all rights, titles, and interest in any photographs or video that may be taken.
The below signed states that I fully understand the rules of the Bark in the Park Dog Costume Contest and agree to them.