Welcome to 2021 Y-WE Create Summer Camp!
ABOUT THIS YEAR'S CAMP
This year's theme is Artful Survival. Creative activities will nurture our connections to one another, nourish our social-emotional wellbeing, and fuel our imaginations. Please click here for a full description.
This year will be a mix of virtual and in-person time. Participants can choose from three tracks, each of which will be held in a different location to keep groups small and Covid-safe.
HYBRID PROGRAM SCHEDULE
- DAY 1 (July 5th)
- 11am - 12:30pm: meet ONLINE
- 1:30 - 5pm: IN-PERSON at track locations
- DAYS 2-5 (July 6-9th)
- 11am - 5pm: IN-PERSON at track locations
- DAY 6 (July 10th)
- 10:30am - 5pm: mix of ONLINE and IN-PERSON depending on track
- DAY 7 (July 11th)
- 12 - 5pm: IN-PERSON at track locations
THE TRACK CHOICES
The form will ask you to rank the tracks by interest. We will do our best to put everyone in their first or second choice! To see full track descriptions, please click here to visit our website. Please note that each track is held at a different location!
- Hands on the Land, facilitated by Tayah Carlisle. Location: Wa Na Wari Community Garden (911 24th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122).
- We the Podcasters, facilitated by Lulu Carpenter. Location: Seattle Girls' School (2706 S Jackson St, Seattle WA 98144).
- SEW! LET'S SEW!, facilitated by Jackie Amatucci. Location: Coyote Central (2300 E Cherry St, Seattle WA 98122).
***Transportation: Due to Covid restrictions, Y-WE has limited capacity to support with transportation. All program locations are accessible by public transportation. If transportation challenges may be a barrier to participation, please let us know and we will work together to find a solution!
Questions? Contact Camp Manager Rae (she/her) at 206-604-1886, or email@example.com
There will be three different tracks offered as part of Create: Hands on the Land, We the Podcasters, and SEW! LET'S SEW!. Please tell us your first, second, and third choice below. Because of Covid we have limited spots in each track, but we will do our best to put everyone in their first or second choice!
Since we have limited space in all our programs, and we want to make sure you get the most out of your Y-WE experience, we require a commitment from you to participate in all activities related to the program you are signing up for. If you miss our events regularly, without pre-approval from the program director, we may ask you to leave the program and offer your spot to someone else who can fully take advantage of the opportunity.