The Hanover Conservancy’s natural areas are maintained for the benefit of the public and the natural environment. Please be aware that the public will not be excluded from enjoying the property during your event, although we may place signs alerting them when the event will occur and to keep dogs leashed.
For complex events such as weddings, please plan to meet with HC staff to discuss your plans. We request your cooperation with the following restrictions, intended to protect the values for which these properties were conserved:
- No disturbance of soil, plants, or wildlife, including mowing without advance approval
- No vehicles without special permission
- No firearms
- No fires, smoking, or fireworks
- No distribution of materials that could be considered litter (such as balloon or lantern release, release of non-native species, confetti, rice)
- The site will be cleaned up promptly following the event.
- Insurance coverage for the event may be required by HC’s carrier, and the premium will be the responsibility of the event sponsor.
- Events at Balch Hill requiring vehicle use of the Fire Trail need an Outdoor Activity Permit from the Town (View PDF here).
A tax-deductible donation to the Conservancy’s Land Stewardship Fund is appreciated to help defray the costs of managing the property and accommodating your event.