1. To observe standards of conduct set forth in the Syracuse University Code of Student Conduct and all University policies and procedures (including without limitation the Syracuse University Student Travel Policy) applicable to the student while participating in the off-campus activity referenced above (the “Activity”), understanding that such compliance is important to the success of the Activity and to the University’s willingness to permit future similar activities.
2. To conform his or her conduct to the standards surrounding the Activity and assume responsibility for his or her own actions, understanding that the circumstances of an off-campus activity may require a standard of decorum which may differ from that applicable on campus.
3. That the student does not act as an agent or representative of Syracuse University or Hillel at Syracuse University and, accordingly, shall not have or hold himself or herself out as having the power or authority to bind or create liability for the University or Hillel by virtue of his or her negligent or intentional acts or omissions.
4. To assume full financial responsibility for all costs and expenses incurred by the student in connection with the Activity, including without imitation financial responsibility for damage or destruction to property of third parties.
5. To obtain and maintain such health, accident, disability, hospitalization and travel insurance as he or she may deem necessary for the Activity, and to be responsible for the costs of such insurance and for any expenses not covered by insurance.
6. To immediately disclose to Hillel at Syracuse University any physical or emotional conditions or problems that might impair his or her ability to complete the Activity, and that he or she hereby releases the University and its trustees, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims, demands, injuries, damages, losses, actions, causes of action, or expenses whatsoever arising out of his or her failure to disclose such conditions or problems.
7. That participation in the Activity is entirely voluntary, and that he or she is fully aware, having sought and obtained such information and advice as he or she feels are necessary and appropriate, that such participation involves risk of injury and property damage, including possibly short-term and long-term disability, and even death. These risks can come from causes which are many and varied, may not even
be presently foreseeable, and may include negligent or intentional acts or omissions of others. He or she acknowledges, accepts, and assumes all such risks, whether or not presently foreseeable and whether or not caused by the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of others, and elects voluntarily to participate in the Activity. He or she releases the University, Hillel at Syracuse University, and its trustees, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims he or she may have in the future, waives all such claims, and agrees not to sue the University or its trustees, officers, employees, agents and representatives for any such claims, arising out of his or her participation in the Activity, including but not limited to claims arising out of the negligent or intentional acts or omissions of others.
8. That this Agreement is to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the laws of the State of New York, and that if any portion of this Agreement is held invalid, the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.