In-Person Peer Support Specialist Certification
Thank you for registering for NAMI Juneau and SERRC's class to become certified as a Peer Support Specialist! This certification is available to anyone in recovery from substance use or mental illness. The process to become a Peer Support Specialist is as follows:
- Optional orientation to SERRC services (reading and writing in the workplace, resume development, technology training, and more). This can be scheduled any time before May 24.
- Class will be at The Learning Connection (210 Ferry Way, Juneau) from 9am to 5pm starting Monday, May 24 and ending Friday, May 28. (lunch and snacks included)
- 10 hours of self-directed videos
- Submit an application to the State after completion of the course. We will pay for the application fee and help you with your application.
- Assistance applying for employment
Please note that we will also offer a stipend up to $1,000 for individuals who complete the certification process.