About Neighbor Power Indy
Neighbor Power Indy will be a hybrid event in 2023. We will focus on sharing stories, exploring new ideas and celebrating wins. NPI 2023 will take place throughout March 1st-11th, 2023. Specific times and dates will be determined for in-person networking opportunities while videos will be pre-recorded and highlighted throughout the above dates in March.
We are seeking neighbors and organizations like you to share your accomplishments. We need your help to inspire and empower others with your stories. Together, we can make a difference.
We are seeking neighbors and organizations like you to share your accomplishments. We need your help to inspire and empower others with your stories.
Why Should You Share?
- A description of your video will be included in Neighbor Power Indy materials.
- You will be part of an impactful event attended by neighborhood residents, community group leaders, business owners, representatives of local nonprofits, corporate and philanthropic partners, and government officials.
What Should I Share?
This year's theme is: Neighborhoods in Action: The Power of Community
In 2023, we will celebrate how neighbors have come together to form new ways of gathering and building community. This year's theme can represent many ideas. Share how your organization, your neighbors or how you worked to create new ways of building community.
The Neighbor Power Indy programming committee encourages presenters to share their experiences on the following suggested topics:
- Neighborhood engagement
- Support of local businesses in your neighborhood and embracing diverse retail establishments
- Keeping youth active and involved
- Engaging new leaders
- The power of informal associations
- Discussing and promoting diversity
- Changing your neighborhood Events
- Public art
- Public safety
- Plans for moving forward
- Any other powerful story that you and your neighbors want to share
How Will It Work?
Presenters will have the opportunity to tell their stories in a pre-recorded video. The video can be as short as needed, but no more than 45 minutes.
What Does Neighbor Power Indy Expect From You?
- Attend a free storytelling workshop January 10, 2023. This training will help you prepare for your video.
- Submit your video by February 13, 2023. INRC staff will offer assistance with recording your video if needed.
- Help promote NPI 2023 to your networks.