Please take the time to read our sickness policy carefully.
For the protection of everyone, Integral Steps will be taking a conservative approach in handling any signs of illness and closely following the guidelines laid out by the CDC. For more detailed information, please visit the CDC website.
By signing up to an Integral Steps in-person program, we ask that parents and guardians agree to the following:
Symptoms of Illness / Exposure - for a child or household member
- If your child or any household member of any age (parent, sibling, nanny/babysitter, grandparent) starts to exhibit any of the following symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or other “flu-like illnesses”, you agree to keep them at home until COVID-19 testing is performed for the symptomatic individual and a negative result is obtained. Symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of taste/smell
- Shortness of breath
- Vomiting or diarrhea
- A cough
- Nasal congestion or runny nose
- A sore throat
- General lethargy/fatigue
- Poor appetite
- Muscle aches or headaches
- Belly pain
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis)
- For more information on symptoms, please see here.
- If a negative COVID result is obtained but flu-like symptoms persist, a doctor’s note is required clearing the individual for class.
- If your child does not exhibit any symptoms but has had contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID, please note that they will not be allowed to join in-person classes till they have quarantined for 3 days and obtained a negative test result. Contact is defined as being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more, regardless of wearing a mask.
- If a child becomes ill during the day with us, they will be removed from the program to wait in a separate area and the parent or caregiver will be called immediately. For your child’s wellbeing and the health of others, you agree to pick up your child as quickly as possible.