Scroll down to sign up
About the program:
Cornell Hillel recently launched a business mentorship program and we are calling on alumni volunteers to help us grow this successful initiative! The purpose is to match Cornell's Jewish students with wonderful working professionals in our alumni network who will serve as mentors in preparation for post-college life.
Serving as a Hillel alumni mentor is an average commitment of three virtual meetings over an eight week period. It is designed to be a fulfilling experience for both our students and alumni. We aim to match students with alumni mentors in industries that meet their professional interests.
If you sign up below, your information will be kept confidential and only shared with a student if we find a fitting match and after we confirm your availability. There is no guarantee that Hillel will be able to match you with a student, but we hope to develop a rich database of alumni interested in this program so that we can meet the demand and diverse interests of our students.
Students must apply for the program and be accepted before receiving a Hillel alumni mentor.
Responsibilities of a mentor:
- Share your personal experience and professional “path”
- Clarify concepts and proactively seek answers to the mentee’s questions
- Reinforce important competencies and skills valued for a successful career in a chosen field
- Serve as a role model by demonstrating professional behavior
- Help mentee identify and set goals, and track progress
- Refer students to appropriate resources
What is not expected as a mentor:
- To offer jobs or internships
- To have all the answers
For questions contact our Director of Development Susanna Cohen, email@example.com
Thank you for your time and interest in supporting Cornell's Jewish students!