Gift an unforgettable experience!
With this form, you can purchase a trip registration or put down a deposit on either The Baja Experience liveaboard trip or a Stars to the Sea trip.
Unlock the door to unforgettable adventures with Vermilion Sea Institute by gifting a trip to the adventurer in your life. Not only will you be giving them a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but your gift also supports VSI and our programs.
We greatly appreciate your contribution, which helps us continue our mission to foster sustainable and enriching relationships between human societies and the ecosystems that support them. We're thrilled to have your loved one join us on an incredible journey, where they'll create memories that last a lifetime.
Gift Certificate Terms and Conditions
- Expiration Date: The gift certificate is valid for five years from the date of purchase.
- Value Protection: The value of the gift certificate remains fixed and will not change, even if the trip costs increase during the five-year period. Any price difference must be covered separately.
- Non-Refundable: Gift certificates are non-refundable.
- Redemption Policy:
- If the full trip cost is covered by the gift certificate, the Traveler will receive a non-payment registration form from the VSI team for their respective trip at the beginning of 2024. To secure their spot in 2024, this form must be completed by:
- January 5th for The Baja Experience.
- April 30th for Stars to Sea.
- If the gift certificate only covers the deposit, a secondary registration form will be sent in early 2024 to pay the remaining balance, which will be due by the same dates mentioned above.
- If registration is not completed by the above dates for the respective programs, the Traveler’s spot cannot be guaranteed for 2024. If their spot is forfeited in 2024, the Traveler may use the gift certificate any subsequent year within the gift certificate’s expiration date.
- $950 covers the deposit for The Baja Experience 2024 and holds a space until January 5th, at which point the remaining balance is due.
- $3,450 covers the entire registration fee for The Baja Experience 2024 and holds a space until January 5th, at which point a non-payment registration form must be submitted to secure the spot.
- $300 covers the deposit for Stars to Sea 2024 and holds a space until April 20th, at which point the remainder of the balance is due.
- $1,400 covers the entire registration fee for Stars to Sea 2024 and holds a space until April 20th, at which point a non-payment registration form must be submitted to secure the spot.
- No Splitting: Gift certificates cannot be split between travelers or broken up. They must be used for a single trip, for a single traveler.
- Trip Selection: Gift certificates may only be used for The Baja Experience and Stars to Sea trips.
- Trip Cancellation:
- If gift recipient cancels their trip more than 90 days before the departure date, the full gift certificate amount will be transferable to another eligible trip or another traveler before the expiration date.
- If gift recipient cancelsl within 90 days of the trip, the deposit is forfited, but the remaining balance may be transferable to another trip or another traveler before the expiration date.
- If VSI cancels the trip for any reason, the full gift certificate amount will be transferable to another trip (The Baja Experience or Stars to Sea), and the gift certificate's expiration date will be extended by one year.
- Purchase Confirmation: Upon purchase, the Gifter will receive an email confirmation of their purchase and information on next steps for the Traveler. If the Gifter prefers a printable certificate, there is an option at the bottom of the form to select. To protect surprises, VSI will then email a PDF certificate to the Gifter for the Traveler. VSI will not send communication to the Traveler until January 2nd unless otherwise specified by the Gifter or initiated by the Traveler.
- Contact Information: For all inquiries and any questions, please contact our Director of Programs at email@example.com.