Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability
The Release and Waiver of Liability releases the High Desert Food and Farm Alliance (HDFFA), a non profit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Oregon and each of its directors, officers, employees and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for HDFFA and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer.
- Waiver and Release: I, the volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance, its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kinds of nature either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to HDFFA. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges HDFFA from any liability or claim that I may have against HDFFA with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from the services I provide to HDFFA or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further I understand that HDFFA does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits for insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liabilty on the part of the non profit beyond what may be offered freely by HDFFA in the event of injury or medical expenses.
- Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge HDFFA from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with HDFFA.
- Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to HDFFA may include activites that may be hazardous to me. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury, or harm from these activities and Release HDFFA from all liability.
- Photographic Release: I grant and convey to HDFFA all right, title and interest in any photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by HDFFA in connection with my providng volunteer services for HDFFA.
- Other: As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Oregon. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
HDFFA Volunteer Behavior Agreement
At the High Desert Food & Farm Alliance (HDFFA) we strive to create an environment for both volunteers and participants that is safe and comfortable, allowing everyone to strive and grow through their experience. As a volunteer, we value your commitment to helping us implement our programs. You are an important member of our team and act as a representative of HDFFA to the community.
To understand what you can expect from us as a volunteer and what is expected of you by our organization, we ask you read the following expectations. Just as it is a privilege for HDFFA staff to work with individuals who volunteer, a volunteer's involvement in HDFFA programs is a privilege and responsibilty.
As an HDFFA Volunteer, I will:
- Ensure equal opportunity for participants without regard to race, color, sex, creed, disability, religion, national origin, status of citizenship, political leanings, age, sexual orientation, gender preference, pregnancy, marital or parental status.
- Understand the basics of what Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) means and the importance of creating a space that supports HDFFA's efforts in DEI
- Uphold an individual's right to dignity, self development and learning in their own way.
- Cooperate with and support HDFFA staff to jointly further the mission of HDFFA.
- Accept supervision and guidance from HDFFA staff or designated Lead volunteers.
- Conduct myself with courteous manners and language, serve as a positive role model, treat others with respect and demonstrate reasonable conflict resolution skills.
- Not consume or be under the influence of alcohol, marijuana or illegal substances while in the role of an HDFFA volunteer, nor allow participants under my supervision to do so.
- Report suspected verbal, physcial, or otherwise abuse directly to my contact at HDFFA.
- If I have any quesitons, concerns, or would like to learn more about a subject or guidelines with HDFFA, I will contact my supervisor.
Furthermore, I accept that I am a representative of HDFFA and that although some of my personal beliefs, politcal views, or feelings may differ from the organization, that I will conduct myself to the highest standard of HDFFA's behavioral expectation and agreement. If I do not feel comfortable with this or cannot meet these standards, I know that I can resign from my position. By my signature, I declare that I have read, understand, and agree with all parts of the Volunteer Behavior Agreement and will strive to fulfill all parts therein.