Protect $80 million for walking, biking, & transit
Dear Seattle City Councilmembers,
Please support SDOT’s proposal for VLF funding.
Seattle is not making progress on Vision Zero, the city’s goal to reduce the number of road-traffic deaths and serious injuries to zero by 2030, which has been brought into sharp relief by three tragedies in the last month in Georgetown, Lake City, and Seward Park.
The proposal from SDOT for VLF funding doubles the level of progress on Vision Zero, fixes hundreds of inaccessible sidewalks, repairs bike routes, and plans for a bright transit future.
Unfortunately, Councilmember Pedersen is proposing a dramatic re-allocation of these funds: redirecting a full 75% of the available VLF funding for bridge repair and leaving a mere 25% for “other transportation infrastructure.” While we are all supportive of increased funding for bridge repair, we should seek state and federal funding for those projects and allocate local dollars to walk/bike/transit projects.
Please support SDOT’s proposal for VLF funding. SDOT's plan would move Seattle towards our climate goals, our equity goals, and keep Seattlites safe as we get where we need to go.
Get updates about what is happening with the neighborhood you identify with most.