One moment please...


Contact Information


You can choose to make your gift recurring

Other Ways to Give: Support Communities In Schools and save on capital gains taxes.

Communities In Schools is pleased to announce we are offering our supporters another way to make a lasting impact. Starting today, we are accepting stock donations.

Donating appreciated securities – such as stock or mutual funds – to Communities In Schools of Brunswick County is a tax-wise approach to strengthen Communities In Schools ability to amplify the power of each child’s potential by connecting them to caring adults to help them succeed.

The gift of an asset, often common stock or mutual fund shares, is a valuable way to make a contribution to a charitable organization and receive tax benefits such as avoiding federal and state income tax on the capital gain, receive an income tax deduction (federal and most states) for the full market value of the gift if you itemize deductions on your tax return and have held the assets one year or longer, and making a larger gift at a lower cost to you.

To Initiate the Stock Transfer please download the following forms: 

Charitable Donations & Gifts to Qualified Organizations -

Delivery Instruction - Regular Accounts and Custodial Retirement Plans -

Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) -

Securities can be gifted to Communities In Schools in two ways: either via electronic transfer (in which your broker transfers shares using the Communities In Schools DTC number) or by physically mailing the paper certificates to Communities In Schools. Either method is acceptable, but it is necessary for you to contact your broker to initiate the transfer. 

Send the Securities to Communities In Schools Electronically:

Ask your broker to initiate the donation through Edward Jones, Inc.

Edward Jones, Inc.
DTC Number: 0057
ACCT Name: Communities In Schools Tax ID# 56-1921263

ACCT Number: 2711716817



Communities In Schools is a 501(c)3 organization, Federal Tax ID # 56-1921263 and your contribution may be tax deductible.  Please consult with your tax advisor. This is your official receipt certifying you received neither goods nor services for your contribution to Communities In Schools.

Is there anything you would to share?