Thanks for volunteering, your help is vital in maintaining our preserves!
Volunteers are invited to help Sycamore preserve native biodiversity, gain hands-on experience in land stewardship, and help maintain natural areas at our preserves! Weed Wrangle events are fun and educational opportunities to learn how to identify and control the invasive plants that are negatively impacting our preserves and other green spaces in our community.
Visit our website sycamorelandtrust.org/events for additional details and directions.
Unless otherwise specified, the following is recommended:
- Wear long pants, long sleeves, and sturdy shoes or boots with good traction
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended
- Wear sun-screen, a brimmed hat, or other clothing to shield from the sun
- Wear work gloves, some will be provided or you are welcome to bring your own
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will also be provided
- Use bug repellent to prevent tick and insect bites, bring your own or some will be available upon request.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, this event will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notices given