Join us for the Wetland Bird Walk with WBU
Location: Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve
When: Wednesday, May 17th, from 7:30-9 am
Join guest hike leaders and naturalists Ken Keffer & Heather Ray from Wild Birds Unlimited Bloomington for a guided nature walk through the wetland areas at Beanblossom Bottoms Nature Preserve in collaboration with Sycamore Land Trust.
This hike is free for Sycamore members. The suggested donation for non-members is $5/individual and $10/family. If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
Tips to prepare
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Waterproof boots or other footwear with good traction are highly recommended, since access trails are likely to have some standing water and portions of the boardwalk may be slippery.
- Use bugspray to prevent tick and insect bites, bring your own or some will be made available upon request.
- You are encouraged to bring your own binoculars for a closer look, but some will be available upon request.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.
- Since parking is limited, a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to make additional parking available as needed beyond the access gate.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at Sycamore's preserves.
- In the event of unsafe weather conditions, this hike will be cancelled or rescheduled with advance notices given.
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.