The Boston Bulldogs are committed to creating and fostering a community of wellness and support. The Bulldogs define wellness as having three components: physical, mental and ethical. Here are some guidelines that will ensure that all members are working to improve their own wellness and reach their true potential.
1) If you have a need for a particular item (i.e. shoes, transportation, gear or outerwear), please make requests privately through Meaghan@bostonbulldogsrunning.org. We are happy to assist when we can, and may reach out to Club members on your behalf (usually anonymously) - this guideline will protect anonymity and a safe environment.
2) We ask Club members not to request or provide monetary donations to individuals. The Club offers limited financial support on a case-by-case basis, such as assistance with transportation costs, wellness programs, race registration fees and membership dues – again considered upon request privately to Coach.
3) Recognize new members at weekly runs and other Bulldog events – we encourage members to connect (run, talk, introduce) with newcomers. At the same time, the Bulldogs seek to provide an anonymous and safe community of support. Individuals are welcome to join for any reason, without feeling obligated to share their personal stories. Please refrain from asking others why they have joined the Club. We encourage people to share their stories with others if they choose, but it is not required.
4) The Boston Bulldogs mission is to support all those who have been adversely affected by addiction, including those in recovery or having desire to stop using, family and friends, and the community at large. Therefore, we kindly ask that you refrain from attending group runs or any Club events under the influence of any mood-altering substance. Boston Bulldogs events are generally drug and alcohol free as a matter of policy. If you are currently using or struggling with sobriety and need or want support, we encourage you to contact Meaghan directly and confidentially.
5) Club members shall not engage in any disruptive behavior at Boston Bulldog events or in Boston Bulldog office locations, including but not limited to weekly runs, Club events and races or events while representing the Boston Bulldogs. This zero tolerance policy includes verbal and/or physical altercations. Failure to cooperate with this policy will result in immediate termination of membership.