Join us for a Spring Wildflower & Fungi Hike
Porter West Preserve
Wednesday, April 12 10 am-12 pm
Join native plant and fungi guru David Mow for a guided tour of Porter West Preserve to celebrate the emerging diversity of life along the forest floor. This preserve features oak-hickory forested upland areas with carpets of wildflowers as well as sinkholes and interesting rock outcroppings.
This hike is free for Sycamore members. The suggested donation for non-members is $5/individual and $10/family. If you're already a Sycamore Land Trust member, thank you! If you are not a member, you may make the suggested donation of $5 ($10 per family) via cash or check at the start of the hike. Or become a member and your hike is free!
How To Prepare Tips
- Dress appropriately for being outdoors based on the weather forecast, layering is recommended.
- Hiking shooes or boots with good traction are recommended!
- You are encouraged to bring your a hand lens or binoculars for a closer look, but some will be available upon request.
- Bring a reusable water bottle to stay hydrated, water for refill will be available upon request.
- Since parking is limited, carpooling is encouraged, and a Sycamore staff person will be on hand to direct parking beyond the access gate.
- Please keep in mind that there are no restrooms at our preserves.
- In the event of extreme weather conditions, this hike may be postponed or cancelled with advance notice given.
Please list the first and last names of anyone ateending with you in the same vehicle. If any are children, please include their age so our event leaders can prepare.
As the adult participant and/or parent/guardian of the minor participant(s) indicated, a liability waiver and photo release will be required to be signed in person at the start of the event.