All classes will be held at River Park (6625 Bridge St, Ellsworth, MI)
Our kids’ class is a great way to introduce your child to the sport of kayaking. Designed with fun and water safety as primary goals, we teach students through a variety of games and exploration. Our experienced, certified instructors teach basic skills with a goal to empower kids to be comfortable while out on the water. Classes are taught in traditional youth sized sea kayaks.
All classes are taught by ACA (American Canoe Association) certified instructors.
Maximum student: teacher ratio is 4:1
$30/person for two hours
Class includes instruction and all necessary equipment. Limited partial scholarships are available, please contact us prior to registration for more information. If unable to attend, we can transfer your registration to another class. Refunds are only available if class is cancelled. If you are unable to attend, please contact us prior to your class about transferring your registration to another class. Participant’s parent/adult is welcome to participate/assist with onshore activities.
– Kids will always be wearing life jackets while on the water.
– Kids must be comfortable in the water with a life jacket on.
– Parent/guardian must complete a waiver. It may be viewed and signed digitally here.
– Participants must meet the ACA eligibility requirements.
What to Bring
– Clothes/rash guard that can get wet – polypropylene, polyester, coolmax, etc…. anything but cotton!
– Fleece and raincoat (if it is cool)
– Water shoes, preferred over sandals. Must stay on feet, no flip flops.
– Dry clothes to change into
– Water bottle